Joined: 09 May 2006
Location: Somerset, UK
|Posted: 06 Jun 2009 07:27 pm Post subject: Changing direction - Energy & Peak Oil
|I'm steadily changing my direction - believing that Climate Science is "cooking" nicely, thanks to so much sterling work at WUWT, Climate Audit, and other similar places - plus a cooling Sun. I'm still keeping my finger on the pulse. And I still believe very strongly that a skeptics' wiki would be a brilliant idea. But generally, I'm happy to just let the debate run and enjoy reading it
I need to widen my concerns. I still see a crunch time ahead with "Peak Oil". But it's not quite the usual line.
* There is a load of politics and disinformation in this field just as in Climate Science, and for similar reasons.
* Oil "shortage" pushes prices up which works very well for the oil producers if they are in a cartel.
* Abiotic Oil is very real - but it's denied just as are climate skeptics - and I'm not sure that it is harvestable at the present demand rate.
* I've just acquired "The Ultimate Resource" that says all the scaremongers are wrong - looks very interesting but I reserve judgement!
* There's Tidal Energy which promises a lot with increasingly efficient new technology for harvesting - development deserves support IMO.
* It looks like Cold Fusion has been gagged by official science. I need to tackle the whole "Area 50" cover-ups issues more.
* "Sustainable Energy Without the Hot Air" is a good book to get greenies realistic with figures and feasibility.
* Topics like this: Illinois coal contains, potentially, double the coal energy as U235 "contamination" which IMO should be harvested for energy too.
So I'm opening up another section to this Forum, specifically for a "holistic" look at energy issues, and giving space to stuff that's being harmfully sidelined. I started off with Tidal Energy, thinking we'd have a local forum for this. But I've changed my mind about limiting it to local issues and local residents - I think it needs to be open to global awareness-raising. I'm looking for a "holistic energy" blog comparable in standard to WUWT, that copes with all the energy issues currently sidelined by the mainstream science and media - but have not found one yet. Any recommendations?
I need to update the Energy pages in the Green World Trust website, particularly regarding Tidal Energy. But meanwhile, I want to open up the Forum. And when I've gained enough understanding of the situation regarding energy options, I want to unpack a picture of the medical science that, like skeptical Climate Science, is being harmfully sidelined.